Welcome To Chester Bulkley HouseBed and Breakfast in the heart of Old Wethersfield, CT
As inviting and charming as the Chester Bulkley House is, you’ll want to leave it occasionally to see what the area has to offer. With that in mind, we provide our Links Page to give our guests and site visitors a preview of some of the attractions that will give you reasons to visit in the future and return to the Chester Bulkley House Bed & Breakfast again and again.
- Dinosaur State Park – Past inhabitants of our region left their mark.
- Mark Twain House – The house where our greatest author penned his most famous works. It’s an architectural gem filled with Twain presence!
- Harriet Beacher Stowe House – Twain’s neighbor and literary contemporary live in this corner of the Nook Farm community.
- Noah Webster House – Home of the author of the “Blue Back Speller”, the first modern dictionary. A window into life in colonial America.
- Wadsworth Atheneum – America’s oldest public art museum presents more than 15 special shows each year!
- New Britain Museum of AmericaArt – From colonial to modern; John Trumbull to Andy Warhol, and everything in between!
- Hillstead Museum – Rare Impressionist paintings Chinese porcelains walking trails and the “Sunken Garden Poetry Festival”.
- Carousel Museum – Everything to do with carousels!
- Gillette Castle State Park – Home of William Gillette (1853 – 1937), stage actor famous for his portrayals of Sherlock Holmes.
- Essex Steam Train – Old time transportation along the banks of the beautiful Connecticut River. Rolling stock and more!
- Connecticut Trolley Museum – Over 70 pieces of rolling stock and a three mile round trip trolley a The Connecticut Electric Railway Association museum recreating a different era. Seasonal.
- New England Air Museum – Aircraft of all kinds; military, commercial, experimental, and racers. Not to mention balloons, rockets, helicopters, home-builts, artifacts and much more!
- Basketball Hall of Fame – From Naismith to Jordan and everything in between at what many call the finest sports museum in the world.
- New Britain Rock Cats – Minor league baseball at its best with the Minnesota Twins AA club!
- Hartford Wolf Pack – Minor league hockey with tomorrow’s New York Rangers stars!
- RealArt Ways – “A center of contemporary culture.” RealArt Way offers galleries, cinema and much more!
A Little Further Afield
- Old Sturbridge Village – Recreated New England Village with a tavern, sawmill, village green and much more!
- Mystic Seaport – Recreated New England whaling village with everything nautical you ever wanted to know and much more!
Local Colleges and Universities